OUR MISSION: W.E. S.I.N.G.
To Welcome and
Encourage people of all ages to
Strive for excellence in singing,
Inspire one another,
Nurture meaningful friendships, and
Give communities exceptional vocal performances.
BARBERSHOP HARMONY SOCIETY MISSION
The Barbershop Harmony Society brings people together in harmony and fellowship to enrich lives through singing.
BARBERSHOP HARMONY SOCIETY VISION
To be the premier membership organization for people who love to sing.
HARMONY DELEGATION CHORUS
OUR VISION: World-class performances, sustained by people with a passion for singing.
OUR CORE VALUES:
– Excellence – We recognize that the pursuit of excellence requires high expectations and a high level of commitment from both our leadership and our membership. Through meticulous and disciplined musical preparation and annual evaluations, we strive to give performances of high-artistic quality and maintain the highest standards in the art of barbershop singing.
- Musicianship - Our roots are firmly embedded in four-part, barbershop harmony, yet we embrace other musical styles as a means of broadening the artistic range of our members and providing musical variety for our audiences. We offer continued support to our chorus members and quartets as we continually improve our public and contest presentations. Rehearsals include various forms of vocal instruction regarding proper singing technique, and are often led by vocal coaches and clinicians to help us improve our performances.
– Education – Our Society is the largest supporter of vocal music education in the world. We are committed to forming strong partnerships with local school groups, music educators, and their organizations. Our Youth in Harmony workshops, camps, and school visits provide students opportunities to develop healthy singing techniques and a unique repertoire of songs as we share the prized value of singing in the barbershop style.
– Friendship – We realize that to remain a viable, long-term entity, we must also provide our members with fraternal opportunities and social outlets to foster camaraderie within the chapter. We support each other, share common interests, and remain connected outside of our musical activities as we build lifelong friendships. We will be inclusive and diverse, across cultural, ethnic, racial, social, generational lines.
– Community – We continually strive to exhibit congeniality, cooperation, and respect towards all those who enjoy the art of acapella singing. .
OUR ANNUAL PLAN FOR 2019:
- Continue to improve performance
- Develop operating structure and business plan
- Implement project development and accountability
- Expand community presence
- Increase membership
- Develop plan for BHS Everyone in Harmony